Unfortunately we are now closed until further noticeFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
A superb location on the edge of Sherwood Forest makes The White Post in Farnsfield an ideal pub for all the family. Our great value 2-4-1 meals ensure you can treat everyone for less, and our children’s menu and outdoor play area will keep the little ones happy for hours.
We’re only 7 miles from Sherwood Forest Visitor Centre, and 8 miles from Sherwood Pines: a superb outdoor activity centre featuring high ropes courses for young and old, miles of well-maintained mountain bike trails, and an adventure playground for the under fives. Stop in on your way back to refuel with a traditional pub meal or something new from our daily specials board, which features dozens of dishes from around the world for adventurous eaters. Whatever your tastes, we’ve got you covered!
From Mum, Dad, and the kids to Nanna and Grandad, there’s something here for everyone. See the sights at Rufford Abbey. Have some fun in the Forest. And then pop in to The White Post for a brilliant family meal. We’ll see you soon!
Our Pub Facilities
Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
With our extensive food menu, we can cater for all tastes. Try our succulent beef steaks, our beautiful burgers, or one of our many traditional pub classics or our Mega Meals - including our 30oz mega mixed grill! There’s a great choice of specials each day, featuring a world of wholesome, exciting meals for you, and don’t forget those luscious roasts designed to make every Sunday special. Great food – made all the more enjoyable thanks to Two for One.View our Menus